Home > Documentation >
MS SQL to MySQL Server > Tutorial
Step 5 of 7. Conversion Settings
SQL Server to MySQL converter provides this wizard page to customize
conversion process using the following settings:
- Convert table definitions only - select this checkbox to
convert only table definitions of MS SQL database. All the data will not
- Convert views - select this checkbox to convert views
- MySQL character set - tune this parameter to set up
correct encoding of text values in the database. Please refer to
to better understand the concept of character sets and collations.
- MySQL engine type - storage engine determines basic characteristics
of handling tables such as storage limits, transaction-safe, locking granularity, etc.
Each of them has its own cons and pros. Please refer to
for the further information.
- Skip converting indexes - select this checkbox if you don't
want to convert indexes
- View tables owned by the user - by default the program lists
all tables found in the database specified. Select this checkbox to
work with tables owned by the specified MS SQL user only.
Have questions? Contact us