Home > Documentation >
MS SQL to PostgreSQL > Tutorial
Step 4 of 6. Select Databases
On this wizard page Microsoft SQL or Azure SQL database and PostgreSQL database
or script file must be specified. Drop down the combo box to see all available
MS SQL databases. This feature requires the appropriate permissions and does not
work for Azure SQL.
Existing PostgreSQL database can be processed as follows:
- Overwrite the entire database
- Overwrite existing tables only
- Skip existing tables
Existing PostgreSQL script file will be overwritten. Also, there are
conversion settings to customize:
- Convert table definitions only - select this checkbox to
convert only table definitions of MS SQL database. All the data will not
- Skip converting indexes - select this checkbox if you don't
want to convert indexes
- Make names case sensitive - select this checkbox to make
table and column names case sensitive. Such names must be enclosed
in quotes when composing query.
- View tables owned by the user - by default the program lists
all tables found in the database specified. Select this checkbox to
work with tables owned by the specified MS SQL user only.
Have questions? Contact us